Over the last quarter, we have developed several important features that not only improve existing functionality and user experience but provide a strong potential for further development and new features.
Mandatory Learning Paths
You can now mark Learning Paths as mandatory for specific Users, Organizations, Roles, or Custom Audiences. Learners won’t be able to leave such mandatory Learning Paths (unless they are administrators).
- To make a learning path mandatory for an audience, go to your Learning Path info.
- Open the Audiences tab.
- Find the user, organization, role, or custom audience you need by sorting by these types.
- Click the corresponding toggle next to them in the “Mandatory” column.
- This will change the text from Optional to Mandatory.
- Save your changes.
Now, the Learning Path will be marked as "mandatory" for these learners. They will see a Mandatory label on such learning paths when browsing.
In a Grid view, the label will be smaller to accommodate learning path titles.
New Learning Path Player
We’ve developed a new way to view your learning goals. This feature is a large rework of the learners’ user experience and will be developed and gradually updated with new improvements.
In the current state, the player opens when the user clicks on any learning goal of the learning path they are a part of, which provides a straightforward navigation where users can complete their goals immediately and all in one place.
Navigating the learning goals
The learning goal navigation is available in the top-left corner. The goals are shown in the order they are set in the learning path, and groups of goals are indicated.
You can go to any goal unless the strict goal completion order is enabled. In this list, each goal will show the learner progress icon.
The content shown in the Player for each goal depends on its type:
- Lesson - the Player will be shown the pages and the internal navigation for the lesson, allowing the user to complete it on the spot. The same goes for non-Valamis SCORM lessons, which will use their own navigation.
- Event - Event goals will provide details like a cover image, a webinar link or classroom location, the participation info, and a description. If the user is not an event member, they can enroll or request access directly from the Player.
- Integrated content, e.g., a LinkedIn Library course - users will see the important details of the content and a link to it. If the completion tracking is not automatic, a 'Mark as completed' button will be available.
- Assignment - users get a link to the assignment, assignment deadline, status, a list of attached documents (if any), and assignment type. Users can go to the Assignments app by clicking the "Open in Assignments" or "Submit in Assignments" buttons. If the instructor has given a grade, it will show up here.
- Course - the Player will provide a link to the course and the details like start/finish dates, participation info, description, and prerequisite LPs with their statuses. A user can enroll or request access via the corresponding button. A link to the course is provided.
- External Goal - an external goal type supports automatic and manual completion of the activities outside Valamis. It provides a link, if available, or shows the 'Mark as completed' button if the completion is manual.
- Learning Path - will show the relevant information, like title and description, information on participation, learning path status, and estimated duration. A link to the learning path is provided.
Adding goals to the Saved list and adding notes
Learners can add each goal to their Saved list by clicking the bookmark button in the top-right corner when each goal is opened.
The same goes for the Notes feature: users can add notes to each learning goal by clicking the corresponding button in the top-right corner. Lastly, the fullscreen button will toggle the fullscreen mode on or off.
After completing the last goal, you will be taken to a summary page, where you will see the results and can get the certificate if certification is applicable for this learning path.
By clicking Finish Learning Path, users will open the last page, where they can download or print their certificate.
Learning Activity Report
We have developed a special report aimed individually at the learner, where they can check their personal progress and activities. The details include the type of activity, the course it is a part of, the start/end dates, the progress and status, the estimated duration, and the number of CPD points they get for this activity.
- CSV user data importer now supports user locales.
- Uploaded certificate templates will now be checked and validated.
- Fixed an issue with achieved certificates not being visible.
- Fixed an issue with SCORM package statement timestamps.
- Fixed an issue with long titles truncated in the Edit Audiences dialog when selecting Organizations or Courses.
- Fixed issue with uploaded favicons in the Theme not updating properly.
- Various UI fixes.