Some learning activities may happen outside the Valamis platform and even in real life. Tracking those activities inside the platform may prove useful in understanding the processes and the efficiency of learning fully.
In Valamis, we provide a tool called External Learning. In it, learners can register their activities and mark the CPD points given to them, while managers can oversee and download/upload the users' activities.
The tool has two tabs: My Learning Activities and Uploaded Activities. The first tab lists the current user's activities in the system. The second tab is useful for admins/managers to overview the uploaded ones.
Adding an Activity
- Go to the External Learning tool and click Add learning activity.
- Fill out the following details about the activity:
- Activity name
- Activity ID
- Organizer - the user who is responsible for organizing the activity.
- Description - describe the activity in a short paragraph.
- Start date
- End date
- Duration (in minutes) - how long it took to do this activity.
- CPD points - how many points they've earned for this activity.
- Related materials – attachments related to the activity.
- Click Save.
Uploading External Activities
As an admin or manager, you can mass upload the user activities in a CSV file. You can also download the activities you want into a CSV file based on your chosen filters.
- Open the Uploaded activities tab
- Click Upload activities and choose your CSV or Excel file.
- After the upload, you will see the status of your action in the Upload Status column:
- Uploaded - all activities have been uploaded successfully.
- In Progress - the upload is ongoing.
- Failed - the upload has failed.
- Duplicated - this means that the activities you're trying to upload have already been previously uploaded.
- Partially Uploaded - not all activities have been uploaded, due to errors like duplicates or failed. You will see the breakdown of errors in the Activities Number column: