There are many instruments and tools for managing participation in events. First of all, it's important to note the membership types that you can choose for each event that you create:
- Open - users can find events on their own and join them freely. If a maximum number of participants is set and the event is full, new applicants may join the waitlist. If a vacant spot appears in the event, the next user in line is added automatically from the waitlist. Admins or instructors with enough permissions can delete people from waitlists.
- By Request - users can find events on their own but must request to be added as members. Membership requests are collected in a separate tab in the event info, where the instructor can approve or deny access to each user.
- Private - users don't see events when browsing the platform and must be added to an event to be its member.
- Go to the Edit audience tab. To add a new participant, click Assign people. In the dropdown, you'll get the following options:
- Users - adds users.
- Organizations - adds whole organizations. Members of an organization will become participants in the event.
- Custom audiences - adds audiences. Everyone in the audience will become a participant.
- Find the users, audiences, or organizations in the list using the search bar, and mark them using the checkbox.
- Click Save.
You can also add users as trainers in the Edit trainers tab. A trainer is shown in the event information for participants, presenting them as the ones who will conduct the event. Note that adding a user as a trainer doesn't give them extra permissions. For them to see and manage members of their organization, these users need to already have the necessary permissions via their assigned Roles.'
If you enable Confirmation of participation in the event settings, you will be able to mark the user attendance, which will count towards their learning goal completion.
To do so, go into the event details. Open Members tab, and you will now see the Attended and Absent buttons in front of every member. Mark attendance by clicking on them.
Those with the Attended status will complete any learning goals associated with this event and get certificates if Certification is enabled.
Managing Event Visibility
You can make an event visible only to certain users, audiences, and organizations by using the Set visibility tab. Just select the group you want it to be visible to in the Add people dropdown. This will allow users to enroll or request to enroll in this event when finding it on the platform.
Managing Participation Requests
If an event has a restricted access type, where users need to send requests to join, you will see a Membership Requests tab, where you can accept or deny those requests.
In case an event has a limited number of seats, you'll also see the Waitlist tab with the users that are up next in the queue.