As an instructor, you can add CPD (continuous professional development) points to content to be awarded to those who complete it. The awarded points can also be divided into categories to help you grant different points for the same content.
Assigning Point Awards for Content
The points awarded for each lesson, learning path, or training event can be assigned to them in the relevant apps: Lesson Manager, Learning Paths, or Training Events. Just find the item you want to edit, enter the editing mode for each item, and find the Add CPD points dialog.
Choose one or more categories, define the points to be awarded related to each category, and save your changes.
The total number of points awarded for the content will be visible to you here, as well as to the learners in the content info card of each item, while they browse the platform.
Assigning Point Goals
The Points app allows you to assign organization-wide requirements for acquiring points. Once you do, each member of the selected organization will need to accumulate a set number of points during the specified period.
- Title - the title of your target. It will be visible in the list of goal targets in the main view of the Points app.
- Organization - choose the organization for which you want to set the goal.
- Point goal/user - choose the desired number of points per user.
- Target period - shows the time frame for achieving this goal. Available periods are defined in Points Settings. Only one can be active for a given goal.
The target period is set separately. Open the main Points view and click the "gear" button next to the Add target button.
You can edit these details at any time in the Points app.
Browsing for Point-awarding Content
Learners can browse content to find CPD-awarding content visible in the info cards. They can also use the filter to show only the content that awards CPD:
If you click the Settings button in the main view, you will open the following settings.
1. Activate points - This is a feature toggle that enables or disables the Points functionality on your environment.
2. Target period - You can define several different time periods to use with Points to be available for selecting when creating target goals. To add a period, click Add target period and select the start and end dates.
Under this setting, you will see all existing target periods and whether they are ongoing or have ended already. You can delete and edit these periods here by clicking the corresponding buttons.