The User Dashboard provides learners with a personalized home page in the environment and quick access to the most relevant content.
It also presents the data about your and other course members' actions and activities in the Valamis environment.
Depending on the user role, the available information may vary. You can use these apps in any combination or layout, but we suggest using the Valamis student dashboard layout.
Let's take a closer look at the Dashboard.
|This shows your personal statistics. The charts are built based on completed lessons' categories. The top 4 categories are shown, while the rest are grouped into the Other part of the chart.|
My Learning Paths
Here, you can see all the learning paths that you've joined. They are divided into two tabs: Completed and In Progress.
You can immediately start a learning goal by expanding the learning path and clicking on a goal.
It can be customized in Preferences in the following ways:
- Show paths from All courses, Current course, or Current course and its subcourses.
- Show only paths with the selected Categories.
- Change the behaviour of clicking on the path title: this can lead to a Course, or learning path details.
- Show or hide the tab panel: if hidden, allows you to choose to either show All learning paths, the ones that are in progress, or completed.
Here, you will see all lessons that are either available to you or were completed by you. You can see the name and the completion status, as well as the parent course of lessons.
You can click on any lesson to view it.
This displays the lessons that you've recently opened.
Here you can check and join the upcoming training events. To see a full list of events, click See all.
The Preferences allow you to define the following settings:
- The number of shown events
- Limit the displayed events to only those the user has joined.
- Set the visibility of the number of participants and the Join button.
- Define the behaviour of a "Show all" button to open a defined URL or a page with Training events.
This provides a list of your achieved certificates, their validity periods.
By clicking on a certificate, you can see its details and may print it out. If Credly Open Badges are integrated, users can also claim their Badges here.
The activity feed in Valamis will provide the latest information on user activity on your environment.
You can comment and like specific activities or post your comment on the feed.
The Preferences menu allows you to define several settings, like:
- The maximum number of activities to be shown initially.
- Filter Liferay activities related to blogs, bookmarks, calendar events, documents, or web content.
- Filter Valamis activities related to lessons, learning paths, achieved certificates, course grades, etc.
- Select the scope of activities: all courses, current course, or both current course and its subcourses.
- Define what the All activities tab shows: activities from all users or only from the current course owner.
Course Statistics and Learning Path Statistics
These stats are only available for admin users and display information about user progress.
You can expand and collapse items on the view to see more details.