Uploading packages in Lesson Manager
To upload a new xAPI or SCORM package from an external source (e.g. Storyline), click Upload package.
If successful, the package will be published and available for viewing by learners.
Uploading a Storyline Package to Valamis
It’s important to keep some things in mind when creating and exporting Storyline packages to be used with Valamis LXP to avoid issues with lesson statuses.
You can track completion either by answered questions or by viewed slides, depending on how you want it to work for each lesson. Such cases are set up differently and are described below.
Tracking by questions
If you need to track user progress based on question answers, use these instructions:
- Use Graded questions.
- Add the Graded result slide and set it up. You can choose which questions should affect the result and what passing score is required for completion. The learners must view the Results slide in order to complete the lesson, so make sure to instruct them accordingly or set up the lesson in such a way that it’s opened automatically.
- Publish your lesson using TinCan. You can check out this video to visualize how it’s done.
- Click File -> Publish
- Select LMS tab
- In the Output options, select Tin Can API.
- Click Reporting and Tracking
- In the Tracking tab, select “When the learner completes a quiz” and select the quiz to track.
The Passing grade setting in Lesson Manager doesn’t affect this status in this case, all such settings should be set when creating the Results slide.
Tracking by viewed slides
If you don’t have questions to be checked, you can just track user progress by viewed slides.
- Start the same publishing process as described above, only this time select “When the learner has viewed” in the Tracking Options (3.5)
- Choose how many viewed slides are required for completion, click Ok, and Publish the package.
- After uploading the lesson to Valamis, make sure to de-select Strict xAPI criteria for completion in the Evaluation tab of Lesson Manager for that lesson.
If you want to add some questions in your lesson with slides but don’t want to take it into account for completion, you need to remove the “Submit results” trigger on the Results page.
- Add slides to the lesson.
- Add your questions (can be Graded).
- Add a Result page and configure it.
- Find the trigger “Submit results” on the right sidebar with Triggers and remove it.
- Ensure you are using tracking by the number of slides viewed when publishing the package.