This time, we’ve made several important improvements to learning progress tracking, such as awarding points for various activities, as well as adding support for tracking activities outside the digital platform.
Award points for learning
As an instructor, you can add CPD (continuous professional development) points to content to be awarded to those who complete it. The awarded points can also be divided into categories to help you award different sets of points for the same content.
Assigning point awards for content
The points awarded for each lesson, learning path, or training event can be assigned to them in the relevant apps: Lesson Manager, Learning Paths, or Training events. Just find the item you want to edit, and find the Add CPD points dialog.
Choose one or more categories, define the points to be awarded related to each category, and save your changes.
The total number of points awarded for the content will be visible to you here, as well as to the learners in the content info card of each item, while they browse the platform.
Assigning point goals
The Points app allows you to assign organization-wide requirements for acquiring points. Once you do, each member of the selected organization will need to accumulate the set number of points during the set time period.
Browsing for point-awarding content
Learners can browse content to find CPD-awarding content visible in the info cards. They can also filter the content to show only such that awards CPD.
Valamis now covers real-life activities and the ones outside the digital platform. The app used for tracking such activities is called External Learning.
Learners can register their activities and mark the CPD points given to them, while managers can oversee and download/upload the activities of the users.
The app has two tabs: My Learning Activities and Uploaded Activities. The first tab lists the current user's activities in the system. The second tab is useful for admins/managers to overview the uploaded ones.
Adding your activity
To register your external activity, go to the app, and click Add learning activity.
- Activity name
- Activity ID
- Organizer - the user who is responsible for organizing the activity.
- Description - describe the activity in a short paragraph.
- Start date
- End date
- Duration (in minutes) - how long it took to do this activity.
- CPD points - how many points you've earned for this activity.
- Related materials – attachments related to the activity.
As an admin or manager, you can mass upload the user activities in a CSV file. You can also download the activities you want into CSV, based on the filters you choose.
Expanded content visibility permissions
You can now set visibility for content like Learning Paths, Courses, and Training Events. These settings will define whether the item in question is visible by a certain user, user group, role, organization, or custom audience.
New Types of Reporting Dashboards
We've added several new report types to our Analytics toolset: Engagement Reports and Adoption Report.
Engagement Reports are divided into four types:
- The User Activity Report helps you gain insight into how often the learners complete the content they attempt or join during the learning process as well as how much progress is made for a specific user and type of content (events, learning paths, lessons). It basically measures the efficiency of your learning content and gives insight into learners' roadblocks.
- The Lesson Activity Report provides information about user activities related to lessons, such as lesson creation dates, author information for company admin users, lesson categories, number of attempts, completions, completion rate, and the latest date of content usage. It helps instructors find the most engaging lessons or identify the users that haven’t done specific learning.
- The Learning Path Activity Report helps you determine the most engaging learning paths, based on the following data: enrollments, current members, completions, completion rate, and the last activity. Moreover, it provides the overall statistics about learning paths: course, author, category, and the estimated duration.
- The Event Activity Report provides information on how well users participate in the training events, which of them are the most popular, how many users have been present or absent, and what is overall progress among selected events, including type distinction, like webinars or classroom events.
In turn, the Adoption Report tracks user logins and sessions, helping you figure out how actively they use the platform, based on many criteria, like organizations, user groups, specific users, their categories, etc.
These reports are dynamic and interactive, meaning you can use various filters to narrow down the data scope shown in the tables and graphs, according to your needs at the moment of interaction.
Besides the data, each report provides insightful graphics in the form of bar charts, graphs, and timelines to help you see the trends and changes in the corresponding areas of learning.
- Users can now cancel or complete the pending orders in the Stripe payment service.
- Fixed being unable to edit email notification for payment confirmation.
- Various localization and UI bug fixes.
- Performance improvements in Learning Paths.